In respect of the new EU Legislation - GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) – which became Law on the 25 May 2018. Magenta Digital Systems Ltd wants to ensure that it is adhering to the law to the best of our knowledge and respecting your personal & company data.
How we may use your information
We will only use the information we hold for the following purposes:
We only keep the minimum amount of data that is necessary to conduct our business and only for as long as it is needed.
Your personal information will never be disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes.
- to administer and manage our relationship with you
- to process goods and services supplied or received by you or your Company
- to deal with any enquiries we receive from you
- for the purposes of any corrective action which may be required for goods and services
- to process payments and pay invoices when they become due
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules
- to communicate with you on any aspect of our working relationship
You do have the right to request information is removed but this may affect our ability to work with you or your company. As you will appreciate we cannot run our business or provide some of the services and benefits you expect to receive without involving other people and businesses
Any currently held data may include your name, telephone number, address and email address This is used to facilitate contracts and terms agreed for work to be done or that has been undertaken including goods and services to be supplied. If as a customer you have taken out a lease or have a direct debit in place then financial details will be information that is held by us. If the equipment is on lease then your financial details will have been passed onto the leasing company in order for payments to be made to them.
Should you require us to delete your data from our records, could you please send an email confirming this. If we don't hear back from you, we will assume that you are happy for us to continue storing your data.
If you are not a current customer and we have contacted you in the past, or you have contacted us for the intention of supplying a quotation in respect of our goods and services, under the legitimate Interest clause we may continue to contact you for marketing purposes, if you feel that you no longer wish to receive communication from us please email us to let us know and your records will be deleted. Any paper form documents to be deleted are shredded using a cross cut shredder. Digital files are deleted using the McAfee shred function to permanently erase the information.
We care about protecting your privacy and promise not to share your details with any Third Party for marketing purposes.
All information is stored securely and is only accessible to Magenta Digital Systems Limited and digitally in a password protected environment that includes cloud server storage facility using 256 bit encryption .
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
GDPR and Photocopiers
Hard Disk Security
The multifunctional photocopiers of today offer an array of features and functionalities that need considerable memory, making an internal system hard disk essential for the machine to operate.
This then raises the question what happens to the data on these hard disks at the end of the contract. How secure are the hard drives, and would it be possible to read out data or restore them?
For optimal protection of the data on the internal hard disk, an extensive range of security features is already standard in Konica Minolta’s bizhub devices and associated manufacturers such as Develop and Olivetti, in the fact that most all of the bizhub devices are certified to Common Criteria ISO15408
But what exactly does this mean to you as a user ?
The Konica Minolta bizhub devices of the latest generation protect the internal hard disk with the following standard features:
- The hard disk is protected with a password that is linked to the BIOS.
- Stored data are encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) supporting up to 256-bit key length.
- The data on the hard disk can be overwritten with 8 different modes, from the overwrite pattern 0x00 (Japan Electronic & Information Technology Association, Russian Standard GOST) up to sevenfold overwriting with various data patterns including verification (US Air Force Standard AFSSI5020).
- In addition to this, temporary data overwriting is applied for example to transitionally save print data that, depending on the configuration, are immediately overwritten with the simple pattern 0x00 or with 0x00/0xff /0x61, including subsequent verification.
To a certain degree, the mechanisms in use on bizhub devices may actually exceed the standard protection of an operating system. For you as a user this means that your data is protected by various security features of the hard disk so that full confidentiality of all user data is ensured. In addition, you can delete data according to high-end security standards if required. A hard drive data overwrite or reformat can be performed at the end of the contract at no extra charge if required.